Monday, 9 May 2011

Day 1 of the kids clothing week sewing challenge

I had intended to make the red riding hood cape but decided to prewash the woollen blanket first so I made these cute little knot shorts this evening. Tomorrow I'll take a picture of the shorts on as I think they are one of those items that will look better on.

The lining fabric is this lovely cotton, the pattern is from the link in my last post - and it was easy and quick once I had cut the pattern.

I have also managed to fit in some knitting today so last years unfinished vest is happening too - yah , as it is one of the those projects which hanging over me because I especially bought pink merino wool for it - am hoping it will be finished while it still fits!
Hopefully the red wool is dry tomorrow so I can start on the red riding hood cape for day 2 of my sewing challenge.

No comments: