The other project was a skirt I started last week at sewing - very happy with this as I cut the pattern of another one I have and this new one is a great fit too. A line style with stretch waist band, the fabric doesn't look much in photo but is really nice Japanese print that has been in my stash for about a year waiting to be made up. I also lined it - usually I am too lazy but since I was at sewing class I was on best behaviour . I am acutally most pleased about the fact that I managed to do a rolled edge on the lining with my overlocker - with minimal swearing and get a good finish - yeh, finally getting a grip with how to use it.
Tuesday, 12 July 2011
Two finished projects
In a productive burst last night I finished 2 projects. Firstly the hooded vest for G - so glad to finish that one - only to find this morning that it is enormous on her - ha, I could have had another year to finish it! She can wear it but it will probably fit better next year. No pictures of it on - she wasn't in the mood at all to have a photo taken this morning . A little over knitting after this effort, wasn't supposed to be a hard pattern but I struggled even sewing it together and think some seams I unpicked 3 times to get it to sit correctly.