Yesterday's sewing was interrupted by a school fair, visitors and drinks at a friends but despite all that I managed to cut out and make most of the Olive & S roller skate dress. This morning it was a 10 min job to fit the elastic and sew the ribbon on the front. Fully rate this pattern it was really easy and the finish being fully lined is good -it could be reversible it you wanted.
The fabric is from the Valori Wells wrenly collection.
I ended up not putting pockets in , mainly because I was feeling lazy but also I thought this print would look best in a really simple design.
I lined it with some Japanese lawn off cut I had.
Georgie wanted to wear it all day , but it was really not the weather for a summer dress - supposedly spring but it wasn't very spring like as it snowed.
Then I made a super quick witches dress for Halloween. Actually it is not a big thing here and we don't go all in for it but last year friends came around for dinner , the kids did trick or treating in our street and had a great time so wanted to do it again.
Georgie wants to be a witch, so I obliged and made a black dress, complete with silver moons and gold stars we added to the wearer's specifications - on the body only not the arms.
I just used the blossom blouse pattern from this book , made it longer in the arms and body plus put an elastic waist in - easy.
I hadn't really planned to make so much this week , it was a bit of a mission fitting it in around work and after school activities , but I'm glad I did. All the things I made have been sitting in a pile waiting to be made for up to 6 months and it feels great to have finally done them.
Now I have a couple of other projects - some cushion covers, a top for me, a new sunhat for G to make before xmas.